The six-week course runs from March 1 to April 3 under the tutelage of co-instructors:
- Jud Reid, regional vegetable specialist with the CCE Cornell Vegetable Program.
- Crystal Stewart, regional vegetable specialist with the CCE Eastern New York Commercial Horticulture Program.
By the end of the course, you’ll have the knowledge you need to:
- Complete a basic site assessment and know when to bring in experts to discuss site limitations
- Make decisions to improve or maintain their soil health and fertility in the tunnel
- Select an appropriate high tunnel structure for their site, climate, and production needs
- Select and grow appropriate cold and/or warm season crops for the tunnel
- Employ pest control and trouble-shooting strategies for high tunnels
- Decide if high tunnels make economic, environmental, and social sense on the farm
Fee for this course is $250. Sign up a month or more in advance of the start date and receive $25 off. Sign up for three or more courses and received $50 off your total.